Acer K335 LED Projector Delivers Big HD-Ready Visuals in a Portable Device
San Jose, CA
- Portable, flexible and high-performance, the K335 is well-suited for both home entertainment and business presentations
- Lightweight at 2.8 pounds, instant on/off and plug and play, it’s ideal for mobile professionals
- A high brightness of 1,000 lumens provides vivid, clear images
- Long LED life of up to 30,000 hours(1) ensures long-term dependable projector use
- Native 1280x800 WXGA resolution with enhanced color saturation supports up to full HD, rendering ultra-sharp images
Acer today announced that the Acer® K335 portable projector is available for U.S. customers. Offering powerful projection technology in a thin and light device, the Acer K335 projector enables the enjoyment and sharing of digital content almost anywhere. Impressive performance provides great entertainment for home users and its portability makes it an excellent choice for mobile professionals.
A 1,000 lumens high brightness and a 10,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio enhanced with DynamicBlack technology provide superb color and clarity for excellent readability. The native 1280x800 WXGA resolution supporting up to full HD resolution, renders ultra-sharp images, while enabling the reproduction of high-definition content from Blu-ray Discs™, DVDs and other sources.
The Acer K335 projector weighs just 2.8 pounds and measures 9.1- x 6.5- x 1.8-inches, so it fits easily in a brief case or backpack and is easily moved around the home or office. It not only saves space but also time. Equipped with Acer’s Instant Pack functionality, it starts quickly and can be packed as soon as it’s unplugged with no cool down necessary. It also features a user-friendly software interface with large and intuitive icons and Support Folders for all media types.
“Consumers and mobile professionals who want a compact, yet high quality projector for using at home or the office will be thrilled with the Acer K335,” said Edward Chan, product manager for Acer America. “Its bright projection, long life and plug and play operation make it a practical tool for enjoying movies from the comfort of home or making a high-impact presentation to colleagues.”
Thanks to its many features and extended lifespan, the Acer K335 is an excellent investment. The up to 30,000-hour LED life available via ECO mode (20,000 hours in standard mode) ensures long-term dependable use.(1)
The Acer K335 delivers a large 40-inch image from less than 3.9 feet and ensures image accuracy with deep color saturation up to 95 to 130 percent NTSC.(2) As a result, it projects high-quality visuals in a wide range of natural, deep colors, making it ideal for presentations and data, as well as digital entertainment including movies and photos.
It also comes with 2GB of internal memory, so users can transfer files directly onto the projector before bringing it to a client’s office or friend’s house. This way, there is no need to connect to a computer, memory card or USB device when showcasing the presentation, movie or video.
Wide Range of Connectivity Options
The Acer K335 provides an array of connectivity choices, including an HDMI/MHL port for attaching to computers, DVDs or game consoles as well as to extend audio and video entertainment from a smartphone or tablet to a larger screen via the MHL cable. An added bonus is that the smartphone or other device gets charged while projecting.(3) Outfitted with a SD card reader, USB and mini-USB port, users can enjoy a plethora of multimedia content, including photos, audio and video directly from USB drives or SD cards without having to use a PC.
With built-in Office and PDF document reader support, the Acer K335 can instantly project Office or PDF files directly from the card or USB drive. Using an optional Acer MHL dongle, the Acer K335 supports wireless projection, allowing it to reproduce content through the Acer eDisplay, and wireless mirroring display projection from all compatible mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets and notebooks.(3) It also supports DLNA for wireless media sharing of music, video and photos from all supported devices.
Pricing and Availability
The K335 projector will be available in the U.S. at online retailers this month for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $699. It’s backed by a one-year warranty.(4)
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones — tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally(5), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2011 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
© 2013 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
- Lamp life depends on a variety of factors including brightness and can be maximized and can be maximized to up to 30,000 hours in ECO mode via Acer EcoProjection Technology, which allows the user to customize power-saving configurations.
- Color gamut is the range of color a display can reproduce and is commonly expressed as a percentage of NTSC. Although NTSC stands for National Television System Committee, which developed television standards for North America, in this instance, the percentage of NTSC refers to the full range of color that can theoretically be displayed.
- Some devices may require a converter to use these features. You can find system requirements for wireless projection on the Quick Start Guide (Multimedia), which can be downloaded here:
- Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503.
- IDC 2012